[IP] alcohol carbs( captain morgan)

I was wondering if anyone knows if spiced rum-
Captain Morgan - has any carbs in it. I read that the plain rum,whiskey and so
on do not. I had one the other night with Diet coke and noticed high bs that
night. I only have one about ever 3 months, when we go out special and do not
have enough data to watch for a trend. I always thought that people with D are
not to drink alcohol.  I know that beer has carbs - but not much more than a
glass of milk and light beer is even less. Wine as some also, but is also
compared to a glass of milk. So I do not see the reason the say a D person
should never drink unless you fall in the category of drinking to many and
that is not a Diabetic issue. Please enlighten me. Thank you       Carla