Re: [IP] Medical id

In a message dated 5/10/2002 9:23:10 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Yes, I was going to say that. A  lot of people in health care do not know
> what
> they are. And they probably would want o remove it if they did know what it
> was.
> When I was in the hospital a couple of years ago there was only 1 nurse who
> was
> mildly interested in it. She didn't know anything about it. I hope things
> have
> changed since then but I'm not counting on it.

I was in the ER a couple of months ago and none of the dr.'s new what my pump
was! I was shocked and scared too because I was in there for my diabetes! It
is ashame that there aren't many diabetic dr's around my area. I am from
State College,PA Heather W.