Re: [IP] insurance and education (was Pump, insurance help(long) )

 I agree. The CDE and the pump company sales rep came to our house for
2-3 hours and Jenny (then 12) and I learned what we needed to know  - no
saline, we just jumped right in. That process worked fine. Since then,
through the Pumper Insulin book and the services of IP, we have learned a
lot more and fine-tuned what we are able to do. It's still not an exact
science with 13 year old hormones, sports and snack behaviors.

I don't understand the need for such extensive pump training.

Kay

meg teg wrote:

  I can't believe all this money being made on the pump
  education thing. I was trained in the doctor's office
  by minimed for about 3hours at no cost. Any other
  questions I had, the pump trainer answered by email.
  peg
  ---   email @ redacted   wrote:

    I actually am one of the fortunate who did receive
    training - but my insurance DIDN'T pay for the
    prelim stuff (saline start general instruction etc)
    that was at the diabetes education center. What they
    did pay for was a one day hospitalization for
    training for the live start. I checked in early in
    the morning - went to a training room - went live
    and worked with the CDE till late afternoon when I
    was discharged. Sure seems like it would have been
    cheaper and easier to have done it at the center.
    But you might have the same type of clause - so that
    you are hospitalized for one day.

    Linda & Dax

    send a DONATION