RE: [IP]lows when exercising

> --- Anne O'Hara <email @ redacted>
> wrote:
> I just got back from the gym where I run on the
> treadmill...but I always go low.  Like today ...down
> to 50.  How do you keep from going low and do you
> run
> the whole 26.2 miles?
> I have this same problem but hate to have such High
sugars when I start exercising. What works sometimes
.. I drink 1/2 to 1 cup oj before I start and I
usually disconnect. I also have had some luck just
waking  up and staying connected and running(3mi)
before breakfast.  Could never do this on shots but it
seems to work, but my life doesn't allow it very
    I have the opposite problem when I race. The
adrenaline and nervousness makes my BG's soar. I have
a hard time taking extra insulin because I'm scared of
going low in a race, but the pattern is there and I'm
getting braver to bolus before a race.

Do You Yahoo!?