From: Handsfield, James H. [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 1:32 PM
To: 'email @ redacted'
Subject: RE: [IP] Basal change with time zones?

Kathy Korol [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> I live in Michigan.  In June I will be travelling to
> Hawaii to run the Kona Marathon with the ADA's TEAM
> DIABETES.  Obviously, there is a 6 hour time
> difference here.  Has anyone crossed over timezones
> while flying with the pump?  And how do you recommend adjusting basal
> rates?

You don't.  Just reset the pump's clock to match the local time zone.
Your body will adjust within 24 hours to the new time zone.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR
email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily represent those
of my wife who runs our house and makes more important decisions than I
do.