RE: [IP] Wine

My dietician said that wine and beers have carbs in them and need to be
bolused for.  Pure alcohol (like the Martini's I like) are to be counted as
fats.  BUT, they interfere with the breakdown, etc. in the liver (the liver
will process the alcohol first).  Because of that, I have to make sure I eat
something before I imbibe (if I am going to have more than one) so I don't
bottom out later on.

I also have to watch out for the mixers in certain drinks.  Like
Cosmopolitans!  The sweet lime, grenadine, triple sec, and cranberry juice
add up to many carbs.

YYMV!

Barb