[IP] Set Changes and Highs

I know that someone else posed this question recently, but I do not have an
answer....and am having the same problems, so I was wondering if there was
anyone with some advice about it out there.  After I change sets (have done
a manual and fixed prime), I typically see my blood sugars shoot up 100
points or so.  This is concerning and I always think that something is wrong
with the infusion set and it is not working.  I generally try and bolus a
unit or so, wait an hour, BS either rises more, or stays about the same.
Then, finally a couple hours later, there will be a gradual decline.

This just frustrates me because I worry every 3-4 days when I have a set
change that the new set won't take, etc....and at times, I have thought the
set was not working, so I removed it and inserted another one, just to be
safe.  I just want to be able to trust my pump and not have to worry that it
will not work each time I change a set.

Does this sound familiar to anyone, and if so...is there anything I can do
to prevent the rise in my BS after a set change?

Thanks for the help,
Dani Davidson