[IP] basal rate adjusting

I have been pumping for several months and still fine
tuning the basal rates.  How much time do you spend
adjusting basal rates?  Are there any tricks?
According to Pumping Insulin you need to spend a lot
of time working throughout the day and postponing each
meal. Is everyone doing this?  My goal is get my A1c
under 7.0.
Sharon
--- insulin-pumpers-digest <email @ redacted>
wrote:

> insulin-pumpers-digest       Monday, May 6 2002
>  Volume 06 : Number 304

> This issue of the digest contains:
> [IP] RE: SAMPLES
> Re: [IP] Samples
> Re: [IP] Frustrated!
> [IP] re the TCOYD in Seattle
> Re: [IP] Low symptoms... not low
> [IP] Re: Ohio Picnic
> Re: [IP] Frustrated!
> RE: [IP] Low symptoms... not low
> [IP] MiniMed Supplies
> [IP] Lows- dropping quick
> RE: [IP] MiniMed Supplies
> [IP] Monday Night Chat Tonight
> [IP] Used 508's and the new Paradigm
> RE: RE: [IP] MiniMed Supplies
> Re:[IP] MiniMed Supplies
> [IPn] Time to be Thankful
> Re: [IP] MiniMed Supplies
> RE: [IP] MiniMed Supplies
> Re: [IP] MiniMed Supplies
> [IP] Animas Chat Tuesday 5-7-02 at 9P.M. EDT in
> Guest room
> Re: [IP] Used 508's and the new Paradigm
> Re: [IP] Re: Bolus without carb counting
> [IP] teaching others to care for a young diabetic
> child
> [IP] Last Chance For Summer Camp Scholarships
> Profile of Cherie Holmes <email @ redacted>
> Re: [IP] teaching others to care for a young
> diabetic child
> Profile of Hyun Im-Douglas <email @ redacted>
> [IP] New oral drug could treat type 2 diabetes:
> report
> Re: [IP] Last Chance For Summer Camp Scholarships
> [IP] Chat Tuesday May 7
> [IP] paradigm questions
> RE: [IP] Low symptoms... not low
> Re: [IP] MiniMed Supplies
> [IP] non PC questions
> RE: [IP] paradigm questions
> Profile of JoEllen Beck <email @ redacted>
> RE: [IP] Low symptoms... not low
> RE: [IP] non PC questions
> Re: [IP] MiniMed Supplies

> Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 01:17:57 EDT
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] RE: SAMPLES
>
> I to had a problem with Lifescan about my Fast Take.
> When I called they told
> me they would be happy to sell me a new Ultra, but
> they did not have a
> program to upgrade. The next day I emailed Lifescan
> and explain that I didn't
> intend on spending another $70 for their meter,that
> I would take my business
> elsewhere (there are a lot of meter companies out
> there that would love to
> have my money).They sent me two  ultra for free. Be
> persistant. Stand your
> ground.
>
> Paul
> -

> HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
> send a DONATION

> Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 01:56:04 EDT
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] Samples
>
> My Joshua, now 10, is on the Dis H-Tron.  We started
> out on the Tenders (same
> as sils/comforts)  We had a terrible time with
> [...]
=== message truncated ===