[IP] Carb Counting VS Food Exchanges

I have read somewhere that 1 food exchange (Old School Diabetes
Education) equals 15carbs. Therefore 1-Fruit/Veg exchange = 15carbs and
1-Starch = 15carbs and so on.

I use to be on the system of counting my servings and food exchanges,
but was switched over to carb counting by my Diabetes Educator and Endo.
Does anyone have more info about this?

P.S. I do find carb counting MUCH EASIER! However I don't think I eat as
healthy because I'm not monitoring TYPES of foods anymore, just # of