Re: [IP] Pumping in School

My 13 year old daughter Arielle was diagnosed at the age of 11 and has been
handling every aspect of her condition independently.  At this time, because
she is a competitive gymnast, she doesn't want to deal with the issues of a
where to place the pump, etc. during her practice sessions which run three to
four hours per day, five to six days a week.  I subscribe to this site to
learn for the future.

I was interested in the article on "Pumping in School" and boy was I
surprised when I found out who the author is.   Arlene Smaldone, the author,
is my daughter's diabetes educator.

She is such a wonderful, caring, informative educator who has gotten our
teenager and family through the first two years of this life long disability.
 Every diabetic should have an Arlene Smaldone in their life.

Kathy Sucich