RE: [IP] Emotional aspects of Diabetes

I was in a severe depression for about 18 months 1998-1999.  I starved myself(nearly to death)...I weighed 92lbs at my worst.  I could barely get upin the morning.  I stayed up all night and washed clothes and cleaned the house.  I couldn't sleep at night, but was exhausted in the day.  I could barely walk. I couldn't take care of 4 children.  I NEVER checked my bgs...I mean NEVER...I RARELY took my shots....like once every 3-4 days.  I didn't care what happened to me.  I went on antidepressants.  What they did for me was to make me stable enough to deal with my problems (marital mostly).
That was enough for me to see that, not treated, depression really can kill you.  I wish that there was a way you could see someone to help you.  Therapists are so outrageously expensive.  It seems as though they would try to charge more reasonable fees when they know people need help...this is not elective plastic surgery for the rich.  I don't know what we can do for you here, except to listen and try to understand.  Ranting is ok (here especially)...just get it off your chest.  Hopefully, you will feel a little better...