Re: [IP] Emotional aspects of Diabetes

This is purely my opinion and understand that when you are depressed you want to
take something to make the pain go away. I spent years drinking alcohol for the
same reason. I've struggled with depression my whole life, even before I was
But doesn't it seem though that, in this case, depression is a very "healthy"
response to a set of circumstances that are beyond our control? I mean who would
not, in their right mind, be depressed at having to deal with this condition. At
having to poke your finger 14 times a day and measure everything that you eat,
etc. It's maddening. When you take antidepressants, it's sort of like you are
telling yourself "ok now it's not even ok to be depressed about having this
disease and having to do all this stuff in order to stay alive"...