[IP] Please Donate and here is why ...

Hi Everyone,

Some of you may remember me and others not.  I have been a member of
Insulin Pumpers for about 3 1/2 years.  I was a volunteer for about a
year.  I have been away for seven months as a volunteer and member due to
an accident I was in.  I am not looking for pity or sympathy.  The message
I really want to convey is how wonderful this list is and how important it
is that we as members help keep it going.  I have not been able to do a lot
of things because I am either sleeping, in pain or in the hospital.  One of
my many injuries was a burn ass, need I say more.

This list is so wonderful in so many ways.  Three years ago I called my
Endo because I was having problems with my pump.  At the same time I wrote
an email to this list and immediately received an answer to my problem.  I
am still waiting for my Endo to call back.  I will never forget when an
individual on the list was having some serious depression issues, and the
Admin Team jumped right in trying to get her number and find someone in her
area to help.  In the last seven months I have had nine surgeries and five
hospital stays.  I still have at least two surgeries at minimum to fix
me.  In these seven months I have learned who my "real" friends are.  And
guess what?  Most of them are from this list.  The support I have received
from people I have met on this list has been truly amazing and
special.  One person I met on this list flew out from Indy to cook me real
food and deliver it to me in the hospital.  That was just last week.  I
have had the pleasure of meeting several people from the list in person,
which has been awesome.  The friends I have made here are the best friends
anyone could ask for and I am so grateful to have them in my life.  The
love, support, cards, calls, krispy kreams, balloons, etc. I have received
from my friends I made on this list have been a huge help in helping me
keep on fighting to get better and save my legs.  These people have opened
their homes and hearts to me in ways that cannot be expressed in words.

Without Michael, the volunteers, and the donations I would not have these
beautiful people in my life.  I would much prefer to sacrifice on food then
the friends I have made on this list.  My point being that PLEASE make
contributing to this list a priority.  I would imagine it is safe to say
that most of us must pay for our ISP, why not add 5, 10, bucks to that
monthly cost and give to the list.  If mom and dad say "what do you want
for your birthday or a holiday?"  A gift worth GOLD would be the benefits
from this list.  So tell them to donate in your name.  I would rather not
receive a material gift and get the gift of friendship and knowledge that
is at your finger tips on this list.

The last seven months have really taught me that life is precious and way
too short.  I am lucky to have survived the accident I was in and then last
week after surgery my nurse found me in my room bleeding to death.  I was
at Peace for I knew I went with love of my family and friends.  Most of
those friends being from friendships I have made on this list.

Please GIVE, for yourself, so you too may be blessed with the friendships,
support, and knowledge that is on this list.

OK, I'll shut up now.  :-)

Fran aka Ms. Kitty aka Ms Biker Babe now Ms. Ex Biker Babe :-)