Re: [IP] hypoglycemia symptoms

In a message dated 5/7/2002 6:13:56 PM Mountain Daylight Time, email @ redacted

>  He started to feel low and checked his BGs there in the office.  It
>  was reading 94.  Not that low.  But yet he was saying that his legs were
>  starting to feel shakey and he was feeling low.  Well, we finished the appt
>  and headed for the car.  By the time we got to the car about 15-20 minutes
>  had past from the last BG test.  We rechecked in the car and he was 52.
>  Something happened, maybe too much bolus for breakfast, but whatever it
>  Josh felt the low WAY before he actually got there.

This has happened with Katie many times -- Very frequently when she was on
MDI.  Now that she's on the pump, she just doesn't have very many lows (under
60) at all . . . But she's proven herself right almost every time, so if she
feels low and is anywhere under 150, we treat it (2-3 glucose tabs, usually)
. . . It's not enough to send her really high but it has headed off some lows
that would have been significant . . .

Pumpmama to Katie