[IP] hypoglycemia symptoms

Joshua, age 10, just recently experienced this, actually while seeing our
endo.  He started to feel low and checked his BGs there in the office.  It
was reading 94.  Not that low.  But yet he was saying that his legs were
starting to feel shakey and he was feeling low.  Well, we finished the appt
and headed for the car.  By the time we got to the car about 15-20 minutes
had past from the last BG test.  We rechecked in the car and he was 52.
Something happened, maybe too much bolus for breakfast, but whatever it was,
Josh felt the low WAY before he actually got there.

mom to Joshua
Most of the Low symptoms are caused by the rapid descent of the blood sugar.
This results in the body liberating epinephrine from the adrenal glands and
producing the classic symptoms we feel. The longer you have diabetes the
less the body can produce this response because of neuropathy, hence
hypoglycemia unawareness. spot
A. L. Bender, M. D.