Re: [IP] Paradigm vs. 508 click feedback?

"John Kellenberger" <email @ redacted>
>>> Many (most)times I can't hear the beeps when I program a bolus because
of backround noise.(traffic,people, music etc.)  But I can feel the bottons
on my pump, program the bolus, push the confirm buttom,  then I feel the
clicking  which lets me know its delivering the bolus.  Is there a way get
this sort of physical feedback on the Paradigm?  John>>>

I once foolishly tried to suspend my pump during a severe low - which
wouldn't be affective for 2 hrs. anyway, should do it 2 hrs. before a severe
low - HA!  Anyhoo, with the aura in my vision I thought I did it correctly
and when my senses came to me, I had delivered 1.9 UNNEEDED insulin!!! Those
clicks alerted me to that - and I think I had actually programmed it to
deliver 10 whole units. With the slow delivery I had time to stop it, and
with the clicks I heard it going in. I'm sticking with slow and noise.  YMMV

The contents of this message are best viewed using a monitor