Re: [IP] insulin pump and weight gain

When I first went on the pump I let my diet slack since I had heard that
pumpers can "eat whatever they want" instead of the old "diabetics can't have
sugar" thing.  I started eating lots of sweets.  I did my carb counts and
bolused insulin for this extra sugar.  THAT leads to weight gain.  A diabetic
on the pump who gains weight gains it for the same reason as a "normal"
person...they are eating too much and the insulin is taking that sugar to their
cells but the cells are not using it so the body stores it as fat.  If you eat
right, like everyone should, you should not gain weight on the pump.  I have
actually found it easier to lose and control my weight on the pump.