[IP] Nighttime Blood Sugar Levels

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question....I have been pumping for almost a month and a half
now, and everything works great and blood sugars are good, except for my
nighttime levels.  I have a reverse dawn phenomenon effect I believe,
especially when I work out in the late afternoon before (I work out fairly
high intensity for 60 minutes and lift weights).  My basal from
10pm-midnight is 1.1...from midnight until 2am is 1.5, and then from 2am-6am
is .2 (when working out the day before...if not, it goes to .5).  Then, at
2am, I will take about 4 units to get the level (usually around 300) back
down to normal by 6am.  I cannot seem to get my 2am number under 300, no
matter how low or high I set my basal at that time and before.  I typically
am not eating anything before bed, and most all of my dinner bolus should be
out of my system.  I use Novolog.  Any helpful hints, or anyone that has
dealt with this also?  I would appreciate any suggestions/opinions.  Thanks!

Dani Davidson....diabetic for 15 years...pumping 1 1/2 months