Re: [IP] teaching others to care for a young diabetic child

I can tell you right now that the Y will not accept responsibility for
actually checking Zach's BGs.  Unless there is going to be a medical person
there, that probably will not be done.

As for wanting Zach to go to this particular camp so that he can have a
normal life that is great!  But the fact that he is so young, is on a pump,
and probably can not be responsible for recognizing his own lows, I would
find this particular circumstance to be very difficult, espcially for the
young staff members that will most likely be involved in the running of the

I hate to put a damper on the situation, but perhaps, if it is possible,
either you or your husband should consider participating in the camp as a
volunteer so that you can be there to assume responsibility for his diabetes

mom to Joshua and also a volunteer at Panther Day camp for D. Kids