depressing links (was: Re: [IP] Emotional aspects of Diabetes)

Sharon,

Some of the links I found stated the those with diabetes are twice as
likely to be diagnosed with depression as the general population.

Following are a few links to sites that address both diabetes and
depression in the same article:

http://www.ncpamd.com/dmdepression.htm
http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/EMIHC000/333/333/286457.html
http://grants1.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/RFA-DK-02-009.html
(Spot - seen this?)
http://www.biopsychiatry.com/diabetes.htm
http://www.diabetes.org/diabetesforecast/98march/pg56.htm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/health/newsid_467000/467711.stm
http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2001-05-24-depression-usat.htm
http://www.diabetic-lifestyle.com/articles/apr02_whats_1.htm
http://216.239.35.100/search?q=cache:chNT6dTGkCcC:www.agingsociety.org/diabe
tes.pdf+depression+diabetes&hl=en&lr=lang_en
http://www.joslin.harvard.edu/education/library/depression_diabetes.shtml
http://www.hmcnet.harvard.edu/psych/redbook/56.htm
http://www.nfb.org/vod/vsum0007.htm
http://www.mcmanweb.com/article-42.htm
http://www.podiatrymgt.com/articles/brill-01-9.htm
http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/p020145.html
http://archinte.ama-assn.org/issues/v160n21/abs/ioi00072.html
http://www.cfah.org/hbns/newsrelease/depression7-24-01.cfm
http://www.pslgroup.com/dg/10b2ee.htm
http://www.diabetes.org/main/community/info_news/news/depression.jsp
http://www.iddtinternational.org/depressionanddiabetes.html

At 07:57 PM 05/06/2002 , you wrote:
>In a message dated 5/6/02 9:10:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>email @ redacted writes:
>

> > major depression is just as much as life-threatening
> > disease as diabetes is!
> >
> > Natalie, just coming out of a major depressive episode -- unfortunately not
> > my first, and probably not my last.
>
>Wow, I didn't think I was the only one but I was afraid to address it
>here...the stigma of mental illness I guess.  Not that I'm glad you're
>depressed Natalie, but I am so glad to know that I'm not alone in this.  I
>have been through a slew of psychologists, psychiatrists and counselors since
>I was 10 years old (I'm 35 now).  I've been on every antidepressant known to
>man. I'm currently taking 400mg of Wellbutrin a day and I'm in therapy as
>well.  My CDE told me that's it's very common for diabetics to also be
>depressed...not just because of the hassle of dealing with the disease every
>day....but that it is thought there is some sort of physiological connection.
>  Whatever :-)....it sure does make life complicated.  We definitely need
> more
>research on depression!
>
>Sharon J
>Just happy to get through each day

MODERATION? - what's that?     :(

As always, take what you like and leave the rest.....

Jim S.