Re: [IP] Emotional aspects of Diabetes

email @ redacted writes:

> major depression is just as much as life-threatening
> disease as diabetes is!
> Natalie, just coming out of a major depressive episode -- unfortunately not
> my first, and probably not my last.

Wow, I didn't think I was the only one but I was afraid to address it
here...the stigma of mental illness I guess.  Not that I'm glad you're
depressed Natalie, but I am so glad to know that I'm not alone in this.  I
have been through a slew of psychologists, psychiatrists and counselors since
I was 10 years old (I'm 35 now).  I've been on every antidepressant known to
man. I'm currently taking 400mg of Wellbutrin a day and I'm in therapy as
well.  My CDE told me that's it's very common for diabetics to also be
depressed...not just because of the hassle of dealing with the disease every
day....but that it is thought there is some sort of physiological connection.
 Whatever :-)....it sure does make life complicated.  We definitely need more
research on depression!

Sharon J
Just happy to get through each day