[IP] Re: injecting into the infusion site

Every year Diabetes Forecast lists diabetes products.  The port is known as
Insuflon (Hypoguard) -- A flexible Teflon catheter that remains beneath the
skin for several days.  Insulin is injected through a discreet external

The info can be accessed at:

John Kinsley
Type 1 - 1956
MiniMed 507 - 1998
> Michael (or anybody else):  DO you have any information on injection
> ports that are available in the US.  The only one I've heard about
> (the name escapes me at the moment) is only available in Europe (the
> last time I checked).  We'd only need such an item in a real pump
> emergency, but I know plenty of moms who haven't yet convinced their
> doc to give their child a pump who would really like to be able to
> try these out . . .
Occasionally "DiabetesForcast" has an equipment issue and I've seen
them listed in there. Other than that, the only one I know of are
made by Deltec (www.deltec.com) but they are not for insulin and not
suitable for this purpose. Existing infusion sets would probably work

The things exist, I just don't know the source.