[IP] Re: Glucowatch/Insurance Coverage

> Hi- how much does insurance pay for the watch and/or supplies?

<snip> per the Glucowatch rep, insurance doesn't pay anything, but she
suggested checking with your individual carrier and some may just get it
paid for <snip>

> At this stage of the game, NOTHING YET.

I was just notified by my DME provider, Homelink, that my insurance carrier
approved coverage for a Glucowatch, Glucowatch Analyzer software and ongoing

My employer is self-insured.  Third-party administration is provided by
Benesight.  DME precertification is handled by United Healthcare.

My endo provided a letter of medical necessity, and I provided a follow up
letter describing how I felt it would help me (in other words, save them
money by staying out of the hospital due to hypoglycemia...).

Shelly Fast
dx 1981, pumping since 2/00