Re: [IP] non PC questions

> Are there any on this list who are unable to get the pump to work the way
> they expected it to?
> Do you ever think you should be able to "do diabetes" better?
> Any think the emotional aspects of living with diabetes are down-played (or
> ignored)?

A part of me thinks that I could do diabetes better, but that is just the anal
retentive perfectionist talking.  In reality, there are so many other variables
going on, that any type of artificial means of getting insulin will never be
perfect, or good enough.  Maybe I could test more, eat better, exercise more...
but I am human and as such will be lazy or hormonal or stressed or whatever.
So, at the moment since I am having a good day and feeling good about myself, I
will  say no I cannot do it better.

Yes, yes, yes the emotional aspect is almost always ignored.  Even my family
members are seeing new sides to my emotions every day.  That is why I'm looking
for a therapist.  I can't understand why, when I was diagnosed, they told me I
would still be able to have a normal life like everybody else and nothing would
change except I'd do shots.  Ha!  I'd like to shoot that doctor.  We face the
prospect of death and horrible complications every day, not to mention the
stress of juggling everything and the insurance companies...oh do not get me
started on that.  People who do not have dm think all we do is eat healthy and
take medication.  One person I know at work thought all diabetics took pills
only!  It makes me so mad/sad/frustrated.

So, that's my ranting for the day.