[IP] calculating protein in meals

Hi everyone,
I think I remember a message once that gave a formula for carbohydrate
counting that took into acount the grams of protein and fat in the meal to
determine the meal bolus. I thought the reference originally came from
"Pumping Insulin", but I cannot find it in the book. Am I dreaming or does
someone remember this also. If you do, please reprint the formula or remind me
where to access this handy mathmatical equation.
Thanks everyone,
Pam, mom to Sara