[IP] Emotional aspects of Diabetes

Subject: [IP] non PC questions

Are there any on this list who are unable to get the pump to work the way
they expected it to?

Do you ever think you should be able to "do diabetes" better?

Any think the emotional aspects of living with diabetes are down-played (or

I know for a fact that the emotional aspects of most illness is ignored
because lots of docs don't want to get into the discussions which are time
consuming and most of us do not have insuirance which had mental health
benefits. When I applied for a grant to study depression in diabetes it was
turned down by the NIH. The proposal was well written (I had it checked by
the local English Nazi), I gave 257 references and I'm sure that it was just
not looked at. I'll reapply in August but doubt that it will be funded.
Maybe the JDF will be more careful although they are interested only in what
will result in a cure. spot

A. L. Bender, M. D.