[IP] paradigm questions

I still don't know what the free upgrade thing is about, and minimed either
won't answer my emails or gives me a runaround on the phone.  I bought my 508
last year (would have to look up the exact date).  I didn't get any info about
the paradigm, but have heard people talking about getting an upgrade from 508
to paradigm.  What's that about?  Also, is there somewhere I can go to get a
comparison between 508 and paradigm?  I'd like to know what the differences
are.  Thanks!