[IP] teaching others to care for a young diabetic child

Do any of you have advice for teaching camp employees how to care for a
child with diabetes?  We will be going to a family YMCA camp for the first
time this summer, and Zachary will be with other kids his age (2 - 3 year
olds) for the morning.  This is not a camp for kids with diabetes, so I
can't assume that the employees will know what to do.

Can I/should I teach them how to test his blood sugar?  I can easily give
them a juice box and some peanut butter crackers each morning, but are there
any great ideas out there on handling this??  Cell phones do not work at
this location.  He will be with this group from 10 am (right after
breakfast) until 1 pm (right before lunch) but will not be far away.  Maybe
I'll bring along a set of walkie-talkies?

Needless to say, this is difficult.  I am insisting on our going so that
Zach has the most "normal" childhood possible.  And I don't want him to be
the only child with a parent close by at all times.  He will need his
independence.  But, help!  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Mom of "Z", dxd at 13 mos.; pumping since he was 2 years-old.