RE: [IP] MiniMed Supplies

On 6 May 2002 at 8:28, Jennifer Harkleroad wrote:

> As far as I know, you have to get them from MM.  Others may know more....

Having to or not all depends on your insurance company.  Just because you got the pump directly from Minimed does not mean you have to get your supplies from them.
Many members buy their sets from another pump company.  You MIGHT be better off if you can "force" your insurance to accept Minimed as a provider.  I did this with my
insurance and Disetronic and thus don't have to pay some middle man any "handling fees".  But if you can't get them to accept Minimed, check with your insurance and
see if Fifty-50 Pharmacy (800-746-7505) is on their list of providers.  They carry a variety of pump supplies from several compnaies.