I to had a problem with Lifescan about my Fast Take. When I called they told
me they would be happy to sell me a new Ultra, but they did not have a
program to upgrade. The next day I emailed Lifescan and explain that I didn't
intend on spending another $70 for their meter,that I would take my business
elsewhere (there are a lot of meter companies out there that would love to
have my money).They sent me two  ultra for free. Be persistant. Stand your