From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Ingrid Fylling
Sent: Sunday, May 05, 2002 6:21 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Re: Bolus without carb counting

Hi!

Here in Norway we don't count carbs. We learn how much insulin to take
from
trying and failing. Doctors gives basal/bolus rates based on weight,
activity
and so on. But we are free to do our own changes. For me it works very
well
this way. After six years with DM I know myself well enough to know how
much
insulin to take for different kinds of food. Of course I need to keep in
mind
what I eat and the contents of it, but I don't count like you over
there. To
me carb counting seems to involve a lot of work, and I think it wold
make me
feel like being a "full - time diabetic" .On the other hand I guess this
is an
YMMV issue.

Best wishes
Ingrid