[IP] Re: Bolus without carb counting

Here in Norway we don't count carbs. We learn how much insulin to take from
trying and failing. Doctors gives basal/bolus rates based on weight, activity
and so on. But we are free to do our own changes. For me it works very well
this way. After six years with DM I know myself well enough to know how much
insulin to take for different kinds of food. Of course I need to keep in mind
what I eat and the contents of it, but I don't count like you over there. To
me carb counting seems to involve a lot of work, and I think it wold make me
feel like being a "full - time diabetic" .On the other hand I guess this is an
YMMV issue.

Best wishes
21 yrs old
DM 6 yrs,