From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Linda Weed
Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2002 5:18 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Sarah - feeling 'low' at 120-160

Hi Sarah,

You wrote:  "I'm frustrated with occasionally feeling
low, checking my bg -- 120-160, still feeling lousy,
checking again 15 minutes later -- 40-60!"

My experience has been that 'feeling low' can happen
at any blood sugar if it's dropping fast.  For
example, if I've had a clog and my blood sugar goes
sky high, I can feel 'low' at 200 if it's dropped fast
from much higher after giving insulin to bring it
down.  I was told that the adrenaline that's released
that makes us feel low is from the fast drop rather
than the low itself.  (I'm talking about the racing
heart, sweating kind of symptoms.)

Has anyone else had this experience?

Linda