Re: [IP] Bolus w/out carb counting

"Kathy Bruckmeyer" <email @ redacted> wrote:

>I'm curious.  How do you know how much to bolus when you don't count
>carbs???

I guesstimate!  It's an inexact method, which is why I'm interested in
counting carbs  :)
JoAnne
====

It's called the S.W.A.G. method (Scientific Wild A** Guess). When I started
pumping we stayed with the exchanges we were on and had a set bolus for each
meal. We were not told we could add insulin to have more food - therefore
some of us suffered *guilt* for non-complianace. First I heard of carb
counting was 3 yrs ago next month.

@

Everybody is new to everything at some point, or else no one would ever
learn anything