Re: [IP] BCBS of Illinois insurance

>> > Have you hadd your Doctor submit a letter stating that it was a medical
> > necessity?  I had to do that with BCBS of Oregon?
> >
> > Jim
> >
> Actually, I have three of them!!!!!!  Two from the doc, one from my
diabetes  nurse practitioner!  All very frustrating.

Have you had your pump company involved in the process?  Since I've been on
one MiniMed pump or another over the last 7 years (and have had 4 different
insurance companies), I have never once had to talk to an insurance company
about covering the pump.  MiniMed took care of everything.

Also, have you checked with your state's insurance commissioner?  If your
plan covers 100% of DME, then it sounds like you should have been on the
pump for the past year!!

Good luck and keep trying!