Re: [IP] Frustrated!

Talk about feeling frustrated....it is 11:45 PM PST  andI'm sitting here
writing and waiting.  Josh was at a BD party sleepover.  He wasn't paying
attention to his BGs, even though he checked them, he didn't bolus for the
first high, didn't bolus for food, went into the hot tub with a high (365)
came out and at 10PM rechecked BGs but didn't call me.  He was 552 according
to the meter.  He did a 7 unit high bolus, I called to see why he didn't call
to let me know.  He tells me what's going on.  The mom and I decide that this
isn't safe, he will crash with the insulin and activity in the middle of the
night.  I'm about 1/4 mile from their house when my cell goes off.  Josh just
vomited.  I get there, he is a mess, drinking lots of water, can't pee to
check KTs.  I get him home, still can't pee, recheck his BGs...are you
ready...38.....in less than on hour he has apparently dropped over 500
points.  BIG head ache now starts, he falls asleep...I'm praying that is what
it is, I recheck after jouice box and 20 minutes...up to 65...15 minutes
later up to 83.  But he has 7 units floating around in there looking for
somewhere to go.  Paged the endo, he said to keep checking until he is over
120, and then might want to recheck a few hours later.  Kerri and I are off
to TCOYD in the early AM....UUGGHH!!!!  I'm going to be one tired puppy!!!!!

Yup...I'm frustrated and very sad, but Josh was glad I came and got him.  He
will go back for another sleepover REAL soon, according to the mom, but he
needs to be honest with her aout his BGs.  He refused to let her know what
they were.

Oh well, lesson learned...right??!!!!!

mom to Joshua