Re: [IP] BCBS of Illinois insurance

I, on the other hand, have had nothing but difficulty with them.  I live in
KY and my plan is with them, which I don't understand, something my employer
did, I guess.  I have been struggling to get a new pump for more than a year
now, and every time I submit more information, or the information they
requested, it is still denied and then they tell me I need something else.
My plan supposedly covers DME at 100% (covers all supplies, just not the
pump!)  My employer says they cannot get involved, i.e., a corporate appeal,
until I have a "final denial" from BCBS IL; at the same time, I cannot get a
final denial.  Their big thing is that it's not medically necessary!  Ha...my
foot!  To top it off, I have been on a loaner pump and need to return that by
5/15 and then it's back to injections.  Ten years on a pump, only to meet
with the shoddiness of a health insurance company and return to the thing all
diabetics dream of leaving behind....multiple daily injections.  Fun, fun.
Can't wait.

I hope your experiences turn out better than mine.  Looks like I am about the
only one having problems, so I must have a marked file or something!  They
just won't play nicely with me.

Good luck--
Fiona, diabetic since 1978, pumper since 1993, and back to injections in