RE: [IP] Hemoglobin

Having too little active hemoglobin in the bloodstream can lead to anemia as
I'm sure you've heard by now.  One of the side effects of diabetes is that
high blood sugars, particularly for extended periods of time, have a habbit
of turning perfectly healthy and active hemoglobin into the lifeless, inert
detritus you've heard folks here bemoan known as hemoglobin-a1.  So diabetes
could make a low hemoglobin level worse, but I don't personally (in my
not-a-doctor-so-take-it-with-a-grain-of-salt way) know of anything the low
hemoglobin will do to effect your diabetes.

-Sara G.