[IP] Hemaglobin

I have a question concerning my recent blood work.  My hemoglobin levels
are at 9.6 and my endo says they should be between 11 and 13.  He has
told me to begin taking an iron supplement twice a day.  The name of the
supplement is Feasol (???spelling). Will my hemoglobin being low cause
any special issues with me being a diabetic.  Is the supplement going to
cause my blood sugars to go crazy.  Anyone have any experiences?  :-)

Thanks in advance.