Re: [IP] pump question

When Josh was going to go on the pump MM was the only company that Tricare,
our military insurance system, recognized.  I set up a meeting with our then
Dis area rep and our endo and his partner, both are Army docs.  I have now
also set up intros with our Animas rep.  All three companies are now accepted
by our insurance company.  Sometimes you may have to help make things happen.
 MM was the only company in the states for a very long time.  So they are the
ones that the medical community and insurances are use to.  If you are
interested in having an opportunity to atleast check out the other companies
out there now, get them set up with your docs.  Then the docs can recommend
the other companies and VOILA!  The other companies can start to have a
chance  too!  We were lucky...which really surprised me, seeing as we are
dealing with a govt insurance company and military doctors.  But Josh's pump
was approved and on its way to us in less than 36 HOURS after the request was
put in the computer by our endo.....NO KIDDING...that is HOURS, not days,
months or years!!!!!  It can happen.  You just need to help it happen!!

Good Luck!

mom to Joshua