Re: [IP] Using an ORDER BY clause in a query against

At 08:37 PM 5/2/2002 Sean Hamblin wrote:
 >So what are you trying to tell us, Brian?  LOL

Actually the message was not really from Brian. This is a new virus that's
going around. It's sending out messages at random that look like they are
"from" someone in the victim's address book. Fortunately the software at IP
turned the virus-laden "payload" into just harmless "gibberish" instead of
doing any damage. There was a clue in the message headers, as to who the
mail originated with, and we've already written to the member who's system
has been infected.

This only points to the fact that, if you're on the Internet and get email,
you MUST have currently updated virus software running at all times. This
means that you've not only installed the program, but used the update
function within the software to download new virus definitions. Most
programs have a way to do this automatically, if you let them. I use both
Norton AntiVirus (at home) and McAfee VirusScan (at work) and I know that
they both came out with updates yesterday. In fact they are almost always
updated weekly. If your virus definitions are not dated very close to May
1, 2002, then you are not protected adequately.

Since these types of viruses can affect not only your computer but the
computers of all the people that you correspond with, it is very dangerous
for anyone not to be running anti-virus software at all times.

Sam Skopp