Re: [IP] Foot injury

In a message dated 5/2/02 11:41:12 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted
> Julie, since you've had DM almost 19 years (June '83) didn't anyone teach
> you the importance of caring for your feet and not walking barefoot (same
> as
> stocking foot)?

Ok, lets see a show of hands.  Everyone who puts on their shoes before they
get out of bed, Raise your hands high, so I can see them.  :) >>>

Well, I DO if you count my feet landing inside my thick-soled slippers
before I stand. :-)  I just about lost both feet due to severe neuropathy
and I value them highly. One of the first things I was taught 51 years ago
was to wear shoes - not open-toed nor sandals. When I *go* I plan on going
with all the parts of me that are still intact - not a piece at a time. YMMV

>>>Seriously, is there less chance of problems/infection if your A1C is
I have been pumping for 3 months n 1 day and my recent A1C was 5.7 (down
from 6.8). >>>

Why don't you wait around and let us know how it turns out? LOL   BTW, my
latest A1c was 5.4 and endo said it's a lie cuz of the highs and lows - an
A1c is an average. ;)

>>>Jan, I was also at the Living Well with Diabetes seminar.  I was going to
try and talk to you after the last session (advanced pumpers), but got
talking to a mom of a pumper and when I turned around, you were gone (so was
everyone else in the room).  Maybe next year, I will catch up with you.

Funny - my hugsband and I had the same *experience* as you and Michael
English - the room was empty when we left. We had talked to 2 ladies in the
back, and when they left just the 2 instructors and a couple were up at the
front - didn't see anyone in the middle of the room. As it was, we didn't
see or talk to a single IPer there. Dunno if we'll go next year - we're in
north-central Indiana and wanted to see Miss America (she even hugged us! -
couldn't miss THAT). (~_^)

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.