No, I didn't request it. They just sent me an inserter with my samples, I've
talked to at least two others who have gotten inserters with their samples and
one that did not. I have found the quick sets to be a lot more comfortable
inserting than the soft sets and more comfortable to wear. I can even wear the
quick sets at my waistband and it doesn't irritate the site. If you like them,
ask about a free inserter when you make your first order. A rep.  for minimed
told me that they always give a free one with the first order of quick sets. I
would make sure I asked though.