[IPn] Spring news

Greetings to all. Recently Insulin Pumpers added a number of long
term gift planning options to the methods you can use to help provide
financial support to our efforts to help live a better with improved
diabetes management. You can find detailed long term gift options and
estate planning information on the donation page of the web site.
This includes detailed explainations of the generous tax benefits of
giving appreciated assets such a stocks and bonds as well as
explainations of various trust, income funds, and so forth.

On to more mundane things..... A couple of weeks ago I asked that all
of you check with your employers about helping to support Insulin
Pumpers with donations or matching contributions to our fund drive.
I'd like to thank the ONE person that contacted me on behalf of their
employeer. I'm sure that many of you may have asked or meant to ask,
but if you don't follow through, nothing happens and nobody will do
it for you. I believe we can significantly shorten the pledge drives
and do a better job with the help of you and our business partners.
So... please ask.

Our Spring pledge drive is official underway as of today. We need to
raise $2000 for each month of the spring quarter -- April, May, June.

If you are new to Insulin Pumpers, pledge drives occur quarterly and
while a bit of a pain in the *&%@, are a necessity. Many other
methods have been tried but none work nearly as well as asking those
of you that enjoy and benefit daily from the Insulin Pumpers forums
to pitch in to help support our financial needs. They are modest and
would be entirely taken care of if our 3700+ members would each chip
in less than $10 per year. Not everyone can or does contribute so
please be generous and make a contribution.

There are three ways you can help immediately with this pledge drive:

1) You can make a one time donation to help with just this fund drive
2) you can make a continuing donation every month for a year by
pledging $10 or $20 per month. A continuing gift is very helpful
because it provides a predictable steady income that we can count on.

3)If you would like to do more, then make a challenge of $100 or more
to the list membership which they must match with their individual
donations. A challange gift is one of our most valuable tools to
raise money. Challenging the membership to match your contribution
has always brought a double or triple whammy for the Insulin Pumpers

To make a single donation,  or to provide even more support with a
continuing gift to Insulin Pumpers visit the Insulin Pumpers donation
page at:

To challenge the other forum members to MATCH your gift, use the
Insulin Pumpers challenge gift page at:

Insulin Pumpers
4600 El Camino Real - Suite 206
Los Altos, CA 94022

In the UK,  <=====
for tax deductible donation, you can use your charity

Charity card holders should go to

Others should go first to
or call 0800 99 33 11
for details of how to set up a charity card, or contribute via CAF.

My best regards,
Michael Robinton
Executive Director