From: Dianne Shekell [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 7:14 AM
To: Insulin Pumpers
Subject: [IP] Pre-existing illiness law?

Hi Everyone,
   We live in Michigan and I thought I've heard people talking about
being able to switch insurance companies without the fear of not being
covered because of a preexisting illness (diabetes).  Is this true?  I
have a friend who's daughter is diabetic.  (She became diabetic when she
was 6).  Her husband died 5 years ago when her daughter was 4. She had
Cobra coverage for 3 years after his death then had to go to private
coverage.  She'd like to look for other insurance (better coverage), but
thinks she can't because of her daughters diabetes.  Is this true?
Dianne, Mom to Johnny 9