Re: [IP] Pre-existing illiness law?

Hi Dianne, I live in Ohio.  When I had to look for private coverage I had to
do it within a 63 day timeframe from my employer's coverage (they were too
small to have COBRA)if she applies to an insurance company during their open
enrollment she will more than likely get the coverage but they have their
quotas and the wellknown companies meet them fast.  She should have received
a letter from her insurance company saying she and her daughter had
continuous coverage which makes them eligible. Most HMOs dont have
preexisting clauses and if the mother gets it thru her employer her daughter
will be covered.  This also applies in PA.  Hope this info helps.  Jan