[IP] Sleep Study Discrimination

Hi All
I got so aggravated today because of people who don't understand
D and the pump. Yet again in the medical field too.

I was suppose to have a sleep study done tonight and have waited
for the appointment for over a month. The clinic called me late this
afternoon to tell me that I can't have it done in the clinic 2 minutes
from my house but have to wait another couple of weeks to have it
done in a clinic that in in a hospital because of the diabetes.

Their reasoning because there is a possibility that I could go low
during the night and might have to be administered glucagon that
the tech will not be able to give me. That I can't rely on the tech to
know that I'm low and to help. I told them that I can take precaution
to make sure that I wouldn't go low by cutting my basal rate for the
night. I don't have a problem with them calling the rescue squad if it
came to that. I fully and at length explained what a low blood sugar
was and how I react at night. This was all to a medical doctor!! And
I can't tell you how many times I had to repeat that I do not have a
shunt in. and all for a test that wasn't even going to last 7 hours.

Bottom line: I have to wait a few more weeks to have it done in a
medical facility, that this clinic will continue to take diabetics but
not those on a pump because we run a higher risk of going low at
Gail J Donohue