Re: [IP] Diabetes & Depression

>Darrin Said: "...Divorce & social retardations..." on his list of stuff
>diabetics are prone to suffer ....Can you explain that one a bit.....?

The stats cited on this list and in other forums are that the rate of
divorce among diabteics is over twice the national average.  This makes
sense since it has also been cited that diabetics often have problems
forming succesful relationships as lovers or friends dur to some
complications, time consumption and mood swings.  Children esp exeperience
problems with injecting or testing in front of their friends and in shcool
etc.  Again this is cited numerous times and often leads to poorer DM.  Not
to mention the name calling etc which seems prevalent.

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!
Six months pumping thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends &

Insulin infusion pump as given me better control than I had achieved in 27
years of MDI!  To date:  50% improvement in average bg's & 60% fewer hypos.
Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  First post-pump HeA1c = 5.1   (N = 4.3 - 5.8).