Re: [IP] Trip to Water Park

I have disconnected for no more than an hour a couple of different times
during the day.  I waterski and kneeboard during the summer, and when I'm
behind the boat, I don't want to be wearing my $2500 insulin pump and rish
losing it.

When I waterski or kneeboard I will disconnect for no more than an hour and
test before and after I do whatever I do.  Most of the time, I will not have
to give myself more insulin because of the activity level that I reach.  But
when I go out on the water, I disconnect maybe 4 times and I'm fine.  Just
remember to check your bloodsugar and you should be fine.

And remember, if you are really active either on or off the pump, that
activity level can drop your bloodsugar up to 48 hours after your activity.
Everything works different with all diabetics.  You will just have to see
what works best for you.

7-28-87 (14 yrs)  diagnosed
pumping 1 1/2 yrs.  (1/2000)