Re: [IP] Disetronic Power of choice

I received a letter in March, and I  got the wonderful news from Disetronic
that my H-TRON wasn't waterproof anymore.  I am very active during the summer
months around water (waterskiing and kneeboarding; and just being near the
water) and being that my pump wasn't no longer waterproof, this hindered my
lifestyle.  If I wanted a non-waterproof pump I would've gotten a Minimed 508
or something similar.

Anyways, I called the Disetronic 800 number on the back of my pump many times
and talked to the Manager of Pump Support, I forget her name, and told her of
my concern with the news that I received.  She told me to get ahold of my rep
and talk to him about it.  Well, I talked to him the beginning of last week
(today is May 30th) and he told me the demand for the D-TRON is big.  He also
told me that he would go ahead and put in the paper work for a "straight up
trade" for my H-TRON's to get a D-TRON and the insulin pen that comes with
the D-TRON.  He told me that I would receive the pump after Memorial Day
holiday.  I haven't had any correspondance from him, nor have I received my
new pump yet.

Waiting to have fun in the water this summer,

any comments: email me, email @ redacted